Question:
What is the best wireless router for a 2 floor house?
bsguieb
2006-02-12 21:26:29 UTC
Currently I have a Dlink DI 624 but it wont give sufficient signal
Three answers:
cajun101.com
2006-02-13 03:54:25 UTC
If you want a real good router check out the Linksys WRT54GX4. Here are some specs on it. Check out the link at the bottom for more information.

Compatible with existing wired Ethernet networks, 802.11b wireless networks, 802.11g wireless networks and SRX devices

MIMO (Multiple In, Multiple Out) technology overlays the signals of 2 Wireless-G compatible radios, effectively increasing data rate and range

Good neighbor function checks for other wireless devices in the area before using up radio band, minimizing interference with other wireless devices.

Also there are a few things you can do to optimize your current setup. Add an external antenna to the router you currently have. A small omnidirectional antenna should do fine. Also you can make your own antanna for you client computers. Do a search on yahoo for cantenna. There are rescources that show you how to make an antenna out of pringles cans or coffee cans.
mrgreekgod
2006-02-12 22:08:19 UTC
Netgear or Dlink
teeter
2016-12-18 11:06:24 UTC
This appears like a distinctly sturdy setup. we've our router on the cut back floor and my room is upstairs. yet our house is smaller. however, the way you defined your situation could desire to paintings.