Question:
How do I find out what our network key is?
ginarene71
2012-02-06 14:47:12 UTC
someone answered my previous question regarding the security string by telling me it is the network key. heres the thing. everyone was impatient with me because it was taking a long time to hook up our laptop and router due to the internet being crowded on christmas day, thinking it was my fault and so had my brother in law do it, por guy it took forever, so I ask again, how do I find our security string/network key?
Three answers:
Goerge
2012-02-06 15:01:56 UTC
The easiest way is to go to the address found on the underside of your router. It may be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net or well um go look. When you get there you can enter your username which is admin or user by default and enter your password which is usually password or left blank by default. After you gain access to your router you can click on security, network settings or wireless settings and you may see wpa 2 psk or WEP or WPA or WPA 2 and you will probably see something like ••••••••••••••••••••• next to the security type that is enabled. You will probably also see something like show characters below the bullet symbols. Click on show characters and you can then see your network key.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6516798_network-key-wireless-router.html are instruction for setting a network key for a number of router brands.
Harley Drive
2012-02-06 14:51:46 UTC
if you are talking about wifi and someone set the password it could be anything, there is also a wan password and router password, if you enter 192.168.0.1 in your browser it might get to the router setup page but you would need to connect with a cable if you don't have a wifi password
Whatevers
2012-02-06 14:49:17 UTC
What operating system do you have? You would want to open up the network properties and reveal it, if you have that already, or if you don't have it, reset your router, and then reconfigure it according to its instructions.