Question:
Explain me about TFTP Server? Give any learning site?
2006-09-26 05:29:14 UTC
Explain me about TFTP Server? Give any learning site?
Four answers:
Vijay Krishna
2006-09-26 05:39:54 UTC
TFTP stands for Trivial File Transfer Protocol, a really simple implementation of FTP.

You can get the workings of TFTP in this RFC... http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1350

Also check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivial_File_Transfer_Protocol#External_links
modcaps
2006-09-26 13:24:35 UTC
TFTP - (Trivial File Transfer Protocol) A version of the TCP/IP FTP protocol that has no directory or password capability.

Since it is so simple, it is easy to implement in a very small amount of memory, an important consideration at that time. TFTP was therefore useful for booting computers such as routers which did not have any mass storage devices. It is still used to transfer small files between hosts on a network, such as when a remote X Window System terminal or any other thin client boots from a network host or server.

Check this Website: http://www.tftp-server.com/
GJneedsanswers
2006-09-29 23:59:54 UTC
It's a protocol (that's used in a TFTP program) that's mainly used to transfer router configuration files from the router to the PC, or vice versa.
Neo
2006-09-26 17:43:51 UTC
trivial file transfer protocol.

trivial means small as it is used for transferring small files.

if you are doing ccna it is used to take the backup of the ios of router and switches.

it is a application which is installed on a pc and then that pc will work as tftp server.