Question:
How do I configure Windows firewall so that I can access the internet on a linux computer via ICS?
Stravinsky
2006-04-08 03:42:41 UTC
How do I configure Windows XP's firewall so that I can access the internet on another computer using Ubuntu/Linux (via Internet connection sharing, with a cable). It works fine using Windows, but not with another operating system. Thanks in advance!
Three answers:
2006-04-08 03:45:11 UTC
Make it easy on yourself...buy a router...dont use internet connection sharing....you can buy wired routers for as little as 15 bucks..
foxb
2006-04-08 06:56:42 UTC
Use firestarter on linux computer to share the connection.

Nothing should be changed to Windows ICS/Firewall just add appropriate IP/GW to the LAN card
2016-12-13 14:16:09 UTC
mistakes code 5 exhibits that a gadget fault has got here about using options no longer been accessible. to that end the motive force lacks the options which domicile windows desires to provide the article of hardware with the necessary aspects.to unravel this project,replace the motive force,or use the gadget manager to eliminate the gadget, and then bypass to regulate panel and choose upload new hardware to apply the upload hardware wizard to reinstall the gadget