Question:
Trouble with Windows SBS 2003 and Cisco VPN?
Nathaniel
2008-02-05 12:00:25 UTC
I have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 that controls access to my home network. It is connected directly to a cable modem. I have used Cisco VPN client installed on my laptop which is connected to the server over a wireless connection. I have used it this way for over 2 years.

I recently changed jobs and they also use Cisco for VPN. I use the same version of Cisco VPN client (4.8) and I can connect with user id and password, but no data is transferred from work to my PC. I'm not running ISA and I have disabled all the firewalls. If I connect my laptop up to the cable modem I can use the VPN with no problems. I can use my router to control the internet, but prefer to keep the server between my home network and the internet. (Plus my router's port forwarding and DMZ isn't working so I can't connect to my server if I'm not at home). Any ideas on what I need to do to SBS 2003 to get the Cisco VPN to work?
Four answers:
Someone Else
2008-02-05 13:13:18 UTC
Have you looked in the VPN log files? Perhaps there is some answer there.

Open the VPN client and click Log and be sure Logging is Enabled.

Then try your connections and see if anything shows up in the logs.

I use the same version without problems. Double check the Router to be sure it is allowing IPsec packets to pass without restrictions.

One other thing is that it's possible the IP address has changed. Be sure on your SBS server to confirm that the IP address you are seeing is the one your VPN is trying to connect to.

RIght click on your CISCO connection and click modify. Be sure that you have enabled IPsec and the appropriate transport their udp or tcp/ip depending upon your configuration.

Good luck.
2014-08-18 15:29:45 UTC
My partner and i recommend making use of VPNPower in order to unblock sites. I have been using them since 5 years. http://www.vpnpower.net
2014-04-19 18:48:04 UTC
When i suggest applying http://www.vpnpower.net to unblock internet sites. I am using their services for more than 4 years with no complications.
genia
2016-05-25 01:03:55 UTC
Ace paid her..he's under your bed recording the audio.