Question:
Hp ProCurve 2524 Switch Help!?
James K
2008-10-23 09:01:29 UTC
Hi

I am wondering fan I take the fan out of my hp procurve 2524 switch, to make it silent?
Four answers:
FlashDarkness
2008-10-23 09:16:13 UTC
Don't. It will overheat and shorten the life of the switch. Also it will void the warranty.
ejdbroker
2008-10-23 16:15:31 UTC
Taking the fan out of computer equipment is not recommended. The fan is there for a reason, to keep things cool! If you take it out you'll probably melt your switch or encounter other networking issues.
Gemini
2008-10-23 16:32:17 UTC
No way. Packets loss or even hang-up with intensive traffic guaranteed.

If the fan became louder try to find the same fan and replace it.
Omnia
2013-11-08 01:23:39 UTC
hi

you are need this help