Question:
How can i share my wireless router with others with 1 password for 1 PC?
azahari
2007-12-17 02:43:09 UTC
i want to share my wireless router connection.
I want to make 1 password for 1 PC....
and the password can be set for how long it will be available..or it can be terminate..

just like the cyber cafe software.

sorry for my bad english..

hope someone can help me..
Five answers:
DWeber
2007-12-17 04:33:56 UTC
It sounds like you want to set up a hotspot. Look at the free software -- chillispot:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Chillispot

You can load open source software on most wireless routers/access points that will allow you to offer this service look at OpenWRT:

http://openwrt.org/

and DD-Wrt:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/index.php
Don M
2007-12-17 10:59:41 UTC
Type in 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.

This should direct you to the set-up page to enable the routers utility page, some may very a little you may have to consult the paperwork that came with your router to access the page.

In the security settings is where you will set this up.

You should have 3 different options depending on the Operating System being used and the age of the Router.

WEP-WPA-WPA-2 these are your options with WPA-2 being the safest.

I suggest you refer to your Paperwork for exact set up instructions.

Don
Japoy
2007-12-17 11:12:27 UTC
you can try this, if you're using a linksys router, go to the routers web page, type 192.168.1.1 then type the password which is "admin" default password, then the routers web page should open, then go to wireless, then security then write down on a paper the details of the security type, example: WEP, copy all the details including the passpword or passphrase, then go to the next wireless pc, connect to a wireless network, if it promps you for security type, type it, then type the password. then it should connect to the net autamatically. explore the routers web page it's all there everything you need to know.
2007-12-17 10:47:23 UTC
You can only use a common password on standard wireless equipment. You would need to set up a sophisticated server system to control this.
yazeed t
2007-12-17 10:49:08 UTC
As far as I know routers do not need password .and you use them to work on other PCs or television wile your PC is off.