Question:
Port 3268 3269, Msft-GC not open?
Jack Schitt
2008-12-12 06:53:05 UTC
windows 2003 server sp2, Windows firewall is disabled.

were having some issues with ldap and trusts here, and im noticing that 3268, and 3269 are not open on some of the domain controllers.

I have made the DC a global cat and rebooted the server, but the port is still showing as closed where as on the other GCs it is open. Am i missing something?

Or is there somewhere i can go to see if someone set this port to be blocked manually? I have a port scanner that im running from the local machine, to the local machine so theres no external firewalls interefering that i can tell.

Thanks
Four answers:
† gnosis †
2008-12-12 22:30:43 UTC
A lazy solution is to get a light FTP server or something - or even VNC and fire it up on each of those ports 1 at a time - if the "server" fires up on those ports and can be accessed, then nothing is blocking the port - there's just nothing running on it. So if you set up the VNC host on 3268 and it loads - the port is free - if you can remote in from the VNC client on the port, nothing is blocking it
Iesha
2015-08-18 17:23:04 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Dan
2008-12-12 10:47:39 UTC
Global catalog and LDAP are two different things that work together. LDAP is the Light Weight Directory Protocol used to look up users. Global Catalog is a server that collects information from multiple Active Directory domains and stores it local so that when you do an AD look up across domains, it doesn't have to find and communicate with the other DC's in the other domains.

Oh and 3269 is only if the GC is using SSL.

Dan

MCSE/NT, MCSE/2000, Comptia Network+, Comptia A+, CCA

CCIE Written (No, Not a CCIE Yet)

Home Networking Blog:

http://homenetworkhelp-bigdaninhsnc.blogspot.com/

CCIE Study Blog:

http://dansccie.blogspot.com/
?
2016-03-16 10:49:24 UTC
i think that Deepak Chopra is saying that you have to be willing to accept other needs as if they were your own, and that by doing so your heart will grow. This can be applied to any religion and is should be thought of as a goal to master in our life time. having an open heart can apply to gaining the spirit or be willing to hear wisdom from a God (could be anything). Having an open heart really just means being able to listen and act on what you have learned from whatever, may it be God, nature or even a parent. Hope that Helps : D