Question:
Need help with multiple routers, and multiple xbox 360's on one network!?
2008-02-18 18:06:52 UTC
I live in a house with 10 guys, so there are like 10 computers, and then 6 of us have XBox 360's that are all connected to the router and a non-wireless router we bought to use as a hub for more spots to hardwire our xboxs. But on the non-wireless hub we bought, there are 3 xbox 360's and one computer, and when the computer is connected, we can't connect to xbox live. When it isn't connected we can play just fine. Also I've noticed when the computer is connected, one of the 3 xboxs connected to the hub will get a bogus IP address and won't connect. Any help on any of this? we've been dealing with it for a while and I just want to get it fixed. Thanks.
Three answers:
megasparks0101
2008-02-18 18:12:25 UTC
connect the hub to the router with a crossover cable. routers default settings for number of computers allowed is like 9 or 10, change it to 20 or whatever you need. make sure all the computers are in the same work group. routers job is to even out the bandwidth, but isp's also cap your bandwidth..
gashi
2016-11-29 02:57:46 UTC
purely make the 360 prompt. that's what my son did. It fee a pair of $one hundred for the prompt adapter. yet differently is purely an prolonged ethernt cable out of your router to the 360 you will no longer want yet another router
2008-02-18 18:11:34 UTC
on the routers you have an "uplink" plug you can use that connection to connect to other routers as "extensions".

most of the time, xbox 360 takes up the ENTIRE internet connection. and plus, if you use computer + 360 it LAGS.