Question:
how i manage my hp procurve 2824 network switch?
rocklolor
2007-01-08 08:35:08 UTC
hi . my network is about 150 nodes, 7 servers(win2003, redhat proxyserver ) cisco 2600 router, broadband internet connection and 6 hp switches. so i want to manage this network by using hp switch to get more speed and security. plz help me.
Three answers:
Bostonian In MO
2007-01-08 09:07:43 UTC
You'll have to read the manuals that came with it.
?
2016-12-12 11:57:20 UTC
One difficulty I see is 24 ports*6 switches = a hundred and forty four ports. you do not have sufficient ports. Broadband is going to 2600, then from 2600 is the relationship to the 2824s, chain the 2824s in a row to start. installation the 2600 isn't too undesirable, you in basic terms want a pair of IPs, or DHCP if that's what your broadband connection is. in any different case, that's what experts gets a commission for....... ought to think of roughly VLANs if protection is an argument. The webGUIs on the HPs are not too undesirable. Documentation is superb.
Nojunk N
2007-01-09 00:16:36 UTC
One problem I see is 24 ports*6 switches = 144 ports. You do not have enough ports.

Broadband goes to 2600, then from 2600 is the connection to the 2824s, chain the 2824s in a row to start.

Setting up the 2600 isn't too bad, you just need a couple of IPs, or DHCP if that's what your broadband connection is.

Otherwise, this is what consultants get paid for.......

Might want to think about VLANs if security is an issue. The webGUIs on the HPs aren't too bad. Documentation is OK.