Question:
How to download linksys wireless router N300 using ubuntu?
?
2015-02-28 12:29:59 UTC
I recently got a linksys wireless router N300, and I got a disc to put into my computer to set it up so the entire household will have internet. The only problem is, I dont know how to download it by myself. There isnt much instructions in the box, and the cd has a bunch of different folders that i have no idea how to use. If anyone could possibly help my dilemma, that would be great. The computer that i use is ubuntu.
Three answers:
Robert J
2015-02-28 12:54:40 UTC
As the other answer - just use your web browser to configure it.

If there is a printed manual with the router, there should be a section somewhere in that about "Manual configuration" - that will take you through it.

Or, see below for the Linksys general instructions for using the web broser setup method:

http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=3d655af76e21457fa8b71a0c3a2a0c9c_3676.xml&pid=80&respid=0&snid=4&dispid=0&cpage=search
steve_loir
2015-02-28 12:40:38 UTC
Any router can be setup using a browser to connect to it.

Its IP address will probably be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

You put that address in the address line of your router and you will connect to the router and it will ask for username and password. Often this is admin, admin.

Then you can set it up. The important info is your login to your ISP, username and password. Your ISP will tell you what this is.

You can Google for more info or it will be on your ISP's web site.

(In a Windows computer the CD will do all this automatically.)
?
2015-02-28 13:30:14 UTC
hardware can't be downloaded.