Question:
cisco or dlink?
2006-10-14 21:57:57 UTC
is CISCO AIR-PCI352 Aironet 350 Series PCI Adapter more stable than Dlink DWl-g520+ ?

I have 31 SNR with Dlink dwl-g520+, and ocasionally i keep disconnecting with the APi want to access, will cisco PCI help with more stability under these circumstances? i think my problem are the neighbours AP's....

so should i invest on a cisco adapter and discard my dwl-g520+ ?
Six answers:
Harry B
2006-10-14 22:07:10 UTC
Cisco products are of course known for their great reliability and stability - I can't say if it would fix your problem, but I can definitely say that if you were having a problem with the wireless card, Cisco's card would fix it. If it is a problem with the AP's, obviously getting a different adapter wouldn't help. The Cisco client utility however, that I believe is bundled with the adapter, is extremely good at keeping a reliable, secure connection to the AP that you want - and it includes many options that can make it more or less specific.
2006-10-15 05:33:53 UTC
The CISCO AIR-PCI352 Aironet 350 Series PCI Adapter is a 802.11b which is the older and slower standard. Your D-Link card is 802.11g which is faster. Most wireless routers are set to use channel 6 by default. Go into the configuration utility page and change to a different channel. If you have a cordless phone base station near the wireless router move it since WiFi and most modern cordless phones use the 2.4 GHz frequency band.
ยท
2006-10-15 05:40:40 UTC
3 possibilities:

1. The OS is faulty (try updates / other drivers).

2. The in-adapter configuration needs attention.

3. Your provider is the problem.
Smruti
2006-10-15 08:56:17 UTC
hi

Cisco Systems, Inc., San Jose, CA, (www.cisco.com) A leading manufacturer of networking equipment, including routers, bridges, frame switches and ATM switches, dial-up access servers and network management software. Cisco was founded in 1984 by Leonard Bosack and Sandra Lerner, a married couple both employed by Stanford University. Initially targeting universities, Cisco sold its first router in 1986.

Cisco is the leading router vendor and its operating systems and routing protocols have become de facto standards. In the 1990s, Cisco's growth was due to the acquisition of more than 70 companies. In early 2000, it briefly surpassed Microsoft's market cap as the most valued corporation in the world.

Cisco Systems, Inc.

170 West Tasman Drive

San Jose, CA 95134

United States

Phone: 1-408-5264000

Fax: 1-408-5264100

Contact: Liz Lemon

Contact Title: Director of Investor Relations

Contact Phone: 1-408-5278452

E-mail: investor-relations@cisco.com

Website: http://www.cisco.com

News: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/archive_pr.html

History: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/company_overview.html

Service: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/index.html

Employees: 38413

Officers: Morgridge, John P, Chairman of the Board

Chambers, John T, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director

Powell, Dennis D, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President

Carter, Larry R, Senior Vice President, Office of the President, Director

Chan, Owen, Senior Vice President Asia-Pacific Operations

Giancarlo, Charles H, Senior Vice President, Chief Development Officer

Justice, Richard J, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Field Operations

Pond, Randy, Senior Vice President, Operations, Processes, and Systems

Richardson, James, Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer

Chandler, Mark, Vice President, Legal Services, General Counsel, Secretary

D-Link Corporation is a Taiwanese company that manufactures wireless and Ethernet computer networking products for both consumer and SOHO users. The company was founded in 1986 by Ken Kao, Current CEO and Chairman. The corporate headquarters are located in Taipei, Taiwan. As of 2006, the company has offices in over 90 countries around the world. D-Link is the largest wireless LAN provider in Europe and China.

To focus on brand businesses, D-Link decided to spin off the company's OEM/ODM business to "Alpha Networks" in 2003. In 2004, 17% of Alpha Networks shares was sold to Quanta Computers. Focusing on network brand business, D-Link became the leading network brand in Taiwan.

In 2005, Poul-Henning Kamp, a FreeBSD developer, noticed that the Danish stratum 1 timeserver appeared to be the victim of a DDoS attack[1]. Research into the matter revealed that a number of D-Link network products were hardwired to consult stratum 1 timeservers (which sit at the highest level of the NTP hierarchy, and are usually intended for the exclusive use of other timeservers) directly for NTP information, instead of relying on their respective ISPs' timeservers. This activity violated accepted practices as well as wishes of the administrators of higher-level timeservers, often incurring significant expense in the process[2].

D-Link is not the first company to engage in this behaviour. In 2003, Netgear caused similar problems[3] for the University of Wisconsin, which were eventually resolved.

i am a CCNA,CCSP so according to my view & quality CISCO best

ok
2006-10-15 05:24:37 UTC
Cisco products are more stable. But the choice depends on you.
ne_plus_ultra_1
2006-10-15 05:08:52 UTC
CISCO is more or less renowned for being the best.