Question:
Which is the best free firewall?
?
2010-08-13 04:25:20 UTC
a) Zone alarm free firewall
b) PC tools free firewall plus
c) Outpost free firewall.

Note: Pls mention which firewall is easy to use and doesnot ask much of questions. Thats the main reason i do not want Comodo free firewall. If u have any better idea u r welcom.
Three answers:
?
2010-08-13 08:34:21 UTC
computer firewall:

http://merakit-komputer.com/firewall-software-download-windows-linux-cisco.html

http://best-antivirus-computer.cn/firewall-software-download-windows-linux-cisco.html

http://top-antivirus-computer.cn/firewall-software-download-windows-linux-cisco.html

http://top-computer-antivirus.cn/firewall-software-download-windows-linux-cisco.html

http://best-computer-antivirus.cn/firewall-software-download-windows-linux-cisco.html
?
2010-08-13 11:29:17 UTC
Firewalls are retarded.

Unless you know what you're doing. A firewall blocks all incoming connections by default and allows outgoing connections, but if you're behind a router with a firewall disabled you still won't get connections unless your ports are forwarded or you have UPnP enabled.

Stick with Malwarebytes and Hijack Hunter and you'll be set for life.

I have no firewall or anti-virus and I deal with lots of hackers and viruses daily, mainly RATs (Remote Access Trojans/Remote Administrative Tool)

Those are protected by Hijack Hunter.

And Malwarebytes is probably one of the most accurate scanners you'll get, everything else will catch the virus as well as 50,000 safe files.

I don't personally have Malwarebytes on this computer, but I do have Hijack Hunter.
2010-08-13 14:21:04 UTC
It's the one that fits your computer skill level.

Comodo, although robust and very informative (in the nature of details about what exactly seeks connection in or out), actually floods the average home user with excruciating details: and these don't really give any meaningful insight as to what they are, or what application is being inspected.

Zone Alarm (free) is more of a "middle of the road" firewall: it monitors outbound & inbound, (notifying you of new access permission requests) with less details about the process seeking connection, but still leaves one uncertain about what exactly wants in or out, at times.

The Windows on-board FW is a bit anemic and doesn't notify about outbound requests at all, but is the least 'interactive' of almost all freeware items.

It's all a matter of how educated you are (or want to be) about LAN or WAN data exchanges.