Question:
How do i find my password for my locked router to access internet from my ipod touch?
Dewyea97
2009-12-28 11:13:36 UTC
My router is netgear. I have recently just set up my router to my dell computer. I had changed my routers name and home-group password. I have all my routers information written down. I have also just recently got an ipod touch 3rd generation. I have tried connecting to my router from my ipod touch. I keep getting asked for a password. I don't know what it wants for a password and where to find my password. What do i do?

I decided to press the reset button on my router. When i set up my networking again what password am i going to have to write down for my ipod touch. What password would i need to access the router from my ipod. Is it the home-group password? Do i have to add any numbers or anything to it
Three answers:
cen
2009-12-28 11:21:03 UTC
QUOTE

I have all my routers information written down

/QUOTE

Write the password down next time as well. The other information is important, but the password should have been the first thing your wrote down if you knew you were likely to forget it.

If you've forgotten the password, log into the web interface to your router firmware by typing the IP address of the router into the addressbar of your web browser and hitting the key. Enter your administrative username and password. Once you have logged in, you can change the WEP or WPA key to a new one that you will not forget again.

If, however, you have managed to forget both the WEP or WPA passphrase *and* the administrative username and password, then you will have no choice but to restore the router to factory settings and come up with a new username, new password and new passphrase that you will not forget.

Note that once you restore your router, in order to log in to the administrative web interface, you will need to enter the default administrative password, which you can find in your router manual. This is separate from the WEP or WPA key. For example, my Netgear router has a default administrative username of "admin" and the password is left blank (no password at all). Make sure you change these credentials though once you log in.
Ankush
2009-12-28 19:24:00 UTC
Once you reset your wi fi router all saved configuration are lost hence after reseting that router it wont was for any password .

Other option that you have is to visit your netgear home page and from there you can check your password and after that you can put the same password in your ipod touch.

Thanks

Tech Expert
Dezekiel
2009-12-28 19:20:38 UTC
Well I believe that the password is the encryption key / pass-phrase. The home-group password is just for sharing file or accessing folder on you pc's hard drive.

Good luck