Question:
How do I enable http on my Cisco 1841 router?
hclewk
2009-06-18 21:37:16 UTC
When i try to connect with SDM, it says that "HTTP/HTTPS is disabled on the router." How do i enable it?
Five answers:
2009-06-18 22:34:27 UTC
log in to the device via telnet or ssh. enter enable mode, then global configuration mode, and then enable the http service by issuing the command "ip http server" and then "ip http secure-server"

After doing that save your configuration and you should be good to go.
?
2016-12-30 18:21:08 UTC
Cisco Router 1841
?
2016-10-04 11:34:52 UTC
Cisco 1841 Router
2009-06-19 08:48:47 UTC
First thing to do would be to make sure it is enabled by:

Router# configure terminal

Router(config)# ip http server

Router(config)# ip http secure-server

Router(config)# ip http authentication local

Router(config)# ip http timeout-policy idle 600 life 86400 requests 10000

If the router supports HTTPS, the HTTPS server will be enabled. If not, the HTTP server will be enabled. HTTPS is supported in all images that support the Crypto/IPSec feature set, starting from Cisco IOS release 12.25(T).

Afer that make sure you have user with maximum privileges created, it will be used to login via SDM, for example:

Router(config)# username yourname privilege 15 secret 0 yourpassword

Enable SSH and telnet:

Router(config)# line vty 0 4

Router(config-line)# privilege level 15

Router(config-line)# login local

Router(config-line)# transport input telnet ssh

Router(config-line)# exit

Router(config)# logging buffered 51200 warning

If all this worked, try to do the following:

1. Ping from router to the station that you are using with web browser, and make sure you have connectivity

2. Ping from the station to the router and make sure you have connectivity.

If all this worked does not mean that is all you have to check. The traffic between your browser and router may be filtered. Look at the network diagram and check if there is no firewall between them, (ISA etc.) Also check your router access lists and make sure you do not block traffic on port 80 (http) and 443 (https).

If all this fail, save your router configuration to the notepad, reset your router to defaults and simply start from scratch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/prod_installation_guide09186a00803e4727.html#wp70999
2014-06-09 11:29:41 UTC
Hi,I can't enable http service on 2911 :( . I think this feature is not supported even by PT6.0.1 version :( .

Is it possible that I use different commands for http services ?