Question:
Network Key..?
Jenn H
2007-09-23 15:27:41 UTC
I got a new computer, and i need the network key (WEP)..
where would i find mine? or how could i find out?

PLEASE HELP!
Five answers:
2007-09-23 15:32:50 UTC
This would be something that you set up yourself. If you do not know your wireless key, reset your router by pushing in the reset pin in the back of it.

Also, the router's owners manual may come with the default key.

Of course, I am going on the assumption that you have a wireless router and your own internet service, and aren't connecting to your neighbors wireless.
Daniel H
2007-09-23 15:32:03 UTC
Network key is the password that enables your to access the internet via your wireless router.

Ask whoever installed your network for the password. But if you are using DSL from AT&T then look at the wireless router. Look either at the base or the back of the router and you will see sets of numbers. The password is the on in bracket. IE. [6985441234]
2007-09-23 16:55:10 UTC
The easiest way is connect a cable to the router and computer. Open IE and login to the router. Under the wireless security tab you will find the keys. Write them down and close out the browser. Disconnect the cable and do a view available wireless devices. Select yours and when prompted, enter the key.
Ana Smartypants
2007-09-23 15:32:04 UTC
it depends. some routers have their wep listed under the router itself, near a bar code, if not, tell me what your router brand is and i'll find out for you :)

ym me if you want.

i'll check back in a few minutes :)
2007-09-23 17:21:11 UTC
Get this.